Friday, March 4, 2011

Conscious Discipline

My fiance and I are currently taking Conscious Discipline classes, hosted by Renee Sutherland.  They are parenting classes based on the books by Becky Bailey.  I am currently reading Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline, which is a book filled with problems every parent can relate to and solutions that really work.  I think what makes these classes different is that they aren't designed to teach you how to change your child's behavior, but how to change your reaction to your child's behavior by understanding why they're behaving in a particular maner.  These classes really have been life changing evening improving.  We're still working on the life changing part.  But there have been so many benefits, I'm going to do a six part series based on each of the classes that are taught.  I hope they can help another parent that is looking for answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment