Monday, July 11, 2011

Menu Plan Monday (June 11th)






So I will have to say that I am pretty proud of myself today.  I went to the grocery store this morning without a formal list, which has the potential to be very dangerous, but it went very well.  When I got home and got everything put away I had to move the groceries around groceries I know we've had for a while.  So out of frustration I cut index cards into thirds and wrote down every type of meat, side dish, and desert I had.  Then I went through my sauces and seasoning mixes and wrote down all the potential meals we had.  After writing everything down I laid them out in the floor and matched sides with meats and created a menu for the next three weeks.  I made a new list for a few things I need to complete a few meals and then hopefully we will be able to diminish the food we have in the house and then start over. :D  So here is my Menu Plan Monday for the next few weeks.




Monday, July 11
Pot roast w/ Veggies, Canned Fruit
Tuesday, July 12
Mini Pies, Grilled Pork Chops-Marinaded, Baked Yams with Marshmallows
Wednesday, July 13
Mini Pies, Italian Herbed Chicken in the Slow cooker, Collard Greens
Thursday, July 14
Canned Fruit, Grilled Fish-Marinated, Crab Cakes and Coleslaw
Friday, July 15
Canned Fruit, Sloppy Joes, Baked Beans and Mac&Cheese
Saturday, July 16
Canned Fruit, Beef Stew, Tomatoes, Okra, and Corn
Sunday, July 17
Lunch and Dinner Party (NO COOKING!!)
Monday, July 18
Chicken & Veggies (bag n' season), Sugar Cookies
Tuesday, July 19
Hot Dogs, Baked Beans, & Chips, Sugar Cookies
Wednesday, July 20
Canned Fruit, Spaghetti & Asparagus
Thursday, July 21
Salmon Patties & Frozen Veggies, Chocolate Cake
Friday, July 22
Chicken Tacos, Guacamole, Chocolate Cake
Saturday, July 23
Sloppy Joes, Chocolate Cake
Sunday, July 24
Pork Shoulder Roast, Peas, Canned Fruit
Monday, July 25
Canned Fruit, Beef Tacos, Taco Rice
Tuesday, July 26
Tuna Salad, Hominy, Canned Fruit
Wednesday, July 27
Canned Fruit, Meatloaf, Corn
Thursday, July 28
Chili and Crackers
Friday, July 29
Teriyaki Chicken, Rice
Saturday, July 30
Beef Roast, Pasta Salad
Sunday, July 31
Chicken w/ Fried Onions, Corn
Monday, August 1
Beef Stew, Green Bean Casserole
Tuesday, August 2
Orange Ginger Chicken, Frozen Veggies
Wednesday, August 3
Sloppy Joes, Hominy
Thursday, August 4
Cajun Alfredo Skillet (I'm excited to try this one!  All the Kraft recipes I've tried have been great so far)





I'm not making too many side dishes with these recipes so that I can reheat leftovers and use it all so we don't waste a lot of food.  I'm also going to be saving things that are easy to reheat for my fiancé’s lunch.  My lunches are now catered by a Master Chef. ;)  No seriously, they are.  Since I have developed a major sweet tooth I also want to start making jello with fruit in it so it's less fattening than other options that I tend to go for in late at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment